Weather (Lightening/Wind/Water) and the Amusement Ride Industry
|Instructor Bio||Dean has worked for AEDARSA for 18 years, prior experience of 15 years in the ski industry as a Lift Maintenance and Operations supervisor.
A Red Seal Journeyman Millwright, Safety Codes officer for Elevators, Passenger Ropeways and Amusement Rides, and is a QEI certified Elevator Inspectors.
Committee Member of:
• CSA Z98 Passenger Ropeway and Passenger Conveyors Code Committee
• ASTM F24
• ASTM F 2783 Canadian Code Committee
• ASME A17 REGULATORY ADVISORY COUNCIL
• OITAF/ITTAB Member (International Organization for Transportation by Rope
• Safety Codes Council (Ab.) -Advisory role on Elevators, Passenger Ropeway and Amusement Rides Subcouncils
Develops and delivery of training programs presentations for ED/PRWYS/AR to:
• TSSA Amusement Ride forum
• World Elevator Congress, Shanghai China
• OITAF General Meeting Singapore
Experienced in construction, maintenance, operations, inspections, and code compliance. Combined with industry experiences with development and enforcement of Regulations and Codes Dean can provide a knowledge base, understanding and perspective of all aspects of the topic.
|Track||Maintenance and Operations|
|Presentation synopsis||Weather (Lightening/Wind/Water) and the Amusement Ride Industry|
|Climate change, code changes and owner/operator responsibilities at times create challenges for operators.|